August 25, 2016, at a local park in Davao City, President Rodrigo Duterte released a “matrix” showing involved personalities and officials that are allegedly behind the syndicate which runs illegal drugs inside the New Bilibid Prison (NBP).
The NBP allegedly have a mini shabu laboratory under the Aquino administration.
Sen. Leila De Lima, the former secretary of the Department of Justice, is believed to be the protector of drug lords inside NBP.
According to President Duterte, De Lima including his former driver Ronnie Palisoc Dayan is involved in the “matrix” released by the President.
The list below contains the names that are in the “drug matrix”:
- Senator Leila De Lima, former secretary of the Department of Justice
- Ronnie Palisoc Dayan, De Lima’s former driver, and alleged lover
- Francis Baraan, former Justice Undersecretary
- Rafael Baraan, former Pangasinan provincial administrator
- Amado Espino, Pangasinan Representative
- Raul Sison, Pangasinan board member
- Franklin Bucayo, Former Bureau of Corrections chief
After the release of the said list, Sen. De Lima then reacted that the list is a joke and that it is the worst matrix of all time to which according to her can be drawn by a 12-year-old.
“Sa totoo lang, noong mga nakaraang ilang araw, sobra iyong pagngingitngit ko sa mga inilalabas. Pero ngayong araw po, noong nakita ko na po itong matrix, natatawa na lang ako at naaawa sa Pangulo,” The senator said, during the same day the list was released to the public.
However, President Duterte says that he would continue until De Lima answer the controversies regarding her involvement issue on illegal drug trade.